Here are some of the more important specifications to consider when deciding which Life water ionizer is best for you:
- The number of plates with which the water will have contact inside the unit — The more contact, the better the results. I recommend at least 7 or 9 plates.
- The plate design. Life Ionizers optional MESH Technology creates more plate surface area while not requiring a bigger and thus less compact unit.
- The power system: Life Ionizers exclusive SMPS Power System is the same power unit that is used on HDTV’s and will provide longer, more consistent power over the life of the unit.
- Optional UV Light system: Life Ionizers’ exclusive UV Light Technology furthers the filtration effects on public water supplies. UV light kills bacteria as the water passes around the light inside the unit.
- pH & ORP levels: Please note that your specific pH & ORP levels will depend on the original water source and the level at which you set the unit. The ratings in this comparison are based on the same water source.
- The date the company started: Water ionizer technology is constantly changing. Life’s 20 years of experience puts them on top of the latest technologies for making the best ionizers on the market.
Obesity has become an American obsession, and there is no shortage of self-styled experts offering weight loss solutions. None of the traditional weight loss programs address the root cause of obesity. The culprit, according to Dr. Robert O. Young, author of The pH Miracle for Weight Loss, is not calories, fats, carbohydrates, or laziness, it’s excess acidity. The body retains fat as a protection against the overproduction of acids caused by the Standard American Diet. The secret to weight loss, says Dr. Young, is to decrease the body’s acidity by eating fresh, live alkaline-forming foods and drinking ionized alkaline water. This will balance your body’s pH, the measure of acidity.
Uses For Acid Water
Never drink the acid water produced by a water ionizer. However, it has certain characteristics that make it useful. Acid water has the ability to kill bacteria on contact. It can be used on the skin and hair, since both are slightly acidic. It can be used as a skin astringent to tighten and cleanse. Acid water can also be used on house plants since they thrive on water that is slightly acid.
- Skin Care
- Natural astringent for improving complexions. Improves smoothness and elasticity of the skin. It removes skin oil and greasy dirt without harsh chemicals.
- Helps heal cuts, blisters, scrapes.
- Relieves chapped hands and dry, itchy skin.
- Soaking in warm acidic ionized water may improve healing for athletes foot, rashes, nail fungus infections and insect bites.
- Provides excellent relief from poison ivy and poison oak.
- Excellent treatment for acne and eczema.
- Hair Care
- Use an a natural hair conditioner. Hair feels great after rinsing in it.
- Highly antiseptic for cuts, abrasions and wounds
- Use as mouthwash after brushing teeth. Effectively removes plaque from teeth. (Not to be consumed)
- Fruits and Veggies
- Wash vegetables, fruits, meats and fish with it to kill bacteria.
- Plant Care
- Acid loving plants will thrive
- Helps promote plant and vegetable growth
- Cut flowers last longer
- Reduces fungus on rose bushes